Welcome to the Stratford Bands program! We trust that your student and your entire family will have an awesome experience in the upcoming 2009-2010 school year!
The purpose of this communication is to help answer some frequently asked questions that new parents often pose. Being new to the program can be overwhelming and a bit daunting since there are so many facets to the Stratford Bands program.
- The very first and most valuable advice that we "weathered" parents can give you is: "Become involved, join the Booster Club, and attend meetings faithfully so that you are fully aware of the many activities going on in the program.
- The Booster Club is an organization made up of parents, family members, and community members, whose sole purpose is to financially and physically support the Stratford Bands programs through revenue generation and volunteerism. Without financial support, the band program will be unable to function and provide the many activities it does for our students. Without parents helping to support the marching show, as well as the concert bands, (For example: Moving equipment, helping to produce props, chaperoning, and serving on committees) the show, both marching and concert, will not go on. It will be non-existent. We all know, "The Show MUST go on!"
- To join the Booster Club, simply pay a yearly due of $15 and fill out an information form, which may be found at the band website under “forms” (more info on website to follow). Dues may be paid through October at the monthly Booster Club meetings described below.
- Booster meetings are held monthly, typically on the second Monday night at 7:00 pm in the Stratford HS Band Room. It is at these meetings that MUCH of the information you will need to be aware of is discussed. At these meetings upcoming band activities, volunteer opportunities, and business affecting your student and the Booster Club will be reviewed.
- For up to the minute updates, make sure that you access our website at http://www.stratfordbands.org/ Please click on the word "Register" on the right hand side of the page where you see No account yet? Register. This will allow you to log in and view information that is secured to protect our children. There you will find blogs from the students, a calendar with activities, pictures, and more in depth information. This is one of the most valuable communication tools available for up to date information, but you must go to the site and log in to get that info. If you run into any problems e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no cost to the parent/student for the uniform coat/hat/plume. Each student will be required to purchase bibbers (marching pants) and marching shoes. Total costs for both of these items usually run under $100. A company will come to the school and measure/provide information to your student during the first three to four weeks of school.
- Band Booster Club officers and their contact numbers are listed on the website. Please do not hesitate to contact one of us if you have questions or if you have a need to talk with one of us.
Again, welcome to the Stratford Bands program. We are excited about the upcoming year and are looking forward to working alongside you as we support our children and afford them the opportunity of a lifetime. The more that you become involved with and interact with the program, the more your child and you will benefit. You will have the opportunity over this next year to forge friendships that will last a lifetime. We truly become a Band Family!