Stratford High School is located in Goose Creek, SC and is a part of Berkeley County School District. Berkeley County School District serves more than 26,500 students with 35 schools.
Stratford High School was established in 1983 as a 3-A school. Currently, the school is in class 5 -A, with 1700 students in grades 9 through 12.
The Band Program currently consists of the Marching Knights, Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble, and various other chamber ensembles. The Marching Knights have approximately 120 members and the three Concert Bands totaling more than 200 members. The Band Program begins with 6th graders in College Park Middle School, Sangaree Middle School, and Westview Middle School.
The Objectives of the Stratford Bands Program
- To teach music by its actual performance
- To develop performance skills of the various wind and percussion instruments
- To provide for the musical needs of the school and the community
- To develop discrimination with the regards to the selection of music
- To acquaint the students with Music Theory / History and how history and musical composition relate to students’ current life and musical experiences
- To provide all students with the opportunity for worthy use of their time, a means for self expression, and a healthy social experience
- To develop the ability to function as a responsible member of a group, enhance interaction, and develop Esprit de Corps
- To foster leadership skills within each student
The Director of Bands, Todd Smith, continually pursues excellence in all aspects of the band program. All facets of the band program participate in SCBDA events, as well as various regional activities. All ensembles are looking forward to continued success.
951 Crowfield Blvd.
Goose Creek, SC 29445